Friday, July 18, 2003

 

Before God had a name!

The Tradition say that God’s name was not known...
Until He revealed His name to Moses according to the Scriptures.

Before God had a name,
People wondered who He was
They knew Him, but knew about Him not!
They felt Him, but for them He was not existent...
They had “spirituality”, but no “theology”!

Before God had a name,
People fought less!
All nations thought that the one they knew, but did not know about, was the same One

When God told Moses “I am”
Moses told people “He is” sent me
But people understood Him not!
They repeated like parrots “He is” sent Moses,
Gods name is “He is”!
They killed those who do not worship “He is”,
they even may kill those who worship “I am”

Before God had a name,
I knew him as happiness but more than happiness,
Peace but more than peace,
Clarity, Wisdom, Growth,
Before I was he IS
Before His name He was

When I learnt God’s name
I liked to call Him
Doesn’t a name make Him closer?
Doesn’t a name make Him more personal?
Or Does it?

GOD IS.. SO LET HIM BE
God is and anything else is not!
God is and we are not!
Unless we are in him, unless He is in us, we never are!
So let’s not be, so that we be!
Wasn’t that what Jesus said?
Isn’t that what Christ is?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?